Who should attend?
• This course is suitable for each person who lives or works with children, for example, parents, carers, after-school club workers, and sports team coaches, helpers and volunteers etc.
• This course is suitable for all, those who want to learn new first aid skills or refresh their existing information. No previous qualifications are required to finish the training as all basic first aid helpful resource techniques are in detail throughout this course.
What you will learn?
• Introduction and Primary Assessment
• The aim of first aid
• Your first aid box
• The primary assessment: danger, response, airway, respiration. Resuscitation (CPR)
• How to administer CPR to a child and a baby
• Things to be considered and how to treat unconscious casualties.
• Secondary areas component 1 putting a toddler and a little one inside the recovery position, choking, wounds, bleeding and surprise.
• Secondary Areas Part 2 burns, eye accidents, head accidents, fractures, spinal injuries, and amputation.
• Secondary conditions and Reactions Part 1 asthma, allergic reactions, bites and stings, nostril bleeds, diabetes, epilepsy, high temperatures and hyperventilation.
• Secondary situations and Reactions Part 2 sickle cellular, meningitis, and septicaemia, fainting, sprains and traces, poisoning, smoke inhalation, hypothermia, electric powered shock, croup, and drowning.
2 CPD Credits