Moving and Handling of People & Objects Train the Trainer provides learners with an extensive Moving & Handling skillset so that they can identify how to safely move people, objects and safely use equipment. The Train the Trainer part of the course enables learners to train others in their healthcare workplace. The course is designed for experienced healthcare staff working within a healthcare environment and is CPD accredited.
The areas covered by this training:
Day One – Moving and Handling of People & Objects Level 2
1) Be able to define the term Manual Handling
2) Understand employers and employees responsibilities, legal obligations under relevant national Health & Safety Legislation, the Manual Handling Operation Regulations and local policies and procedures.
3) Identify how to carry out a Risk Assessment and reduce the risk of injury prior to undertaking manual handling tasks
4) Understand the Principles of good back care and the consequences of poor manual handling practice
5) Be aware of the types of equipment, and testing requirements for lifting equipment associated with moving & handling of people safely.
6) Understand the principles of safer moving & handling
7) Be able to demonstrate safe moving & handling of people techniques (Practical Training)
Day Two – Moving & Handling of People & Objects Train the Trainer
1) The Benefits of Training
2) Learning Styles and Teaching Methods
3) Session Structure
4) Understand Ice Breakers and be able to use them
5) Understand Theory and Practical Assessment of Individuals
6) Presenting Information – 10 minute Micro-Teach trainer assessment
7) Trainer Guidance
Who Should Attend The Training?
• Learners Must have a relevant healthcare-related qualification accredited at Level 3 or above.
• Be a Registered Nurse, Healthcare Management, Senior Care Assistant or have a previous Moving & Handling Train the Trainer Certificate/ Qualification.
• Previous Moving and Handling Qualification/ CPD Certificate.
• 2 Years’ Experience of Moving and Handling of People & Objects in a Healthcare Setting.
• The physical capability of practical people Moving and Handling.
Who Provides The Training?
We employ Moving and Handling trainers and all our trainers have the required certification, knowledge and experience within a Healthcare Setting.
12 CPD Credits