Our commitment to privacy
This privacy statement explains how The CPD Accreditation Group (referred to as “we”, “us” or “CPD Accreditation Group” collects information from you via the website or in any manner expressly described in the privacy statement and how this information is then used. When you provide us with your personal data you consent to us processing all such personal data as set out in the privacy statement. Please read this privacy statement carefully and revisit this page from time to time to review any changes that we may have made.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, please ring us on 0208 3966 340 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Protecting your personal information
Your personal data is protected by UK data protection law. You can find the details for the UK Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk or by accessing CPD Accreditation Group Data Protection Statement at www.thecpdaccreditation.group As a registered data controller, we are required to take appropriate technical measures to protect your personal information including making a regular backup of our system and data. We have security measures in place to make sure any personal information we collect is secure. Your account is password protected and all information including your password is on a secure server, which only a limited number of employees and sub-contractors can access. All parties with access to your information are subject to confidentiality obligations. If you think someone else knows your password, or is using it, tell us immediately and change your password. You can change your password on the Website.
Even though we take appropriate technical steps to protect your security, you should remember that data transmission over the internet cannot always be guaranteed as 100% secure so you use the website at your own risk.
We collect personal data about you when you apply for accreditation.
Purposes and Disclosures
We use your personal information to deal with your queries, to provide you with the services you request, customer feedback and for general statistics and research.
Depending on the preferences indicated by you:
- we may use your personal data to contact you about developments and offers.
- CPD Accreditation Group will not share your information with any third-party organisation or group.
- we may disclose your information to certain government agencies in connection with any investigation of accreditation
Following registration with The CPD Accreditation Group you can request that:
- your details not be used for marketing purposes;
- we provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you (we may charge you a small fee);
- we correct inaccuracies in your information
You may also turn cookies off in your browser. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use certain features on the website.
The information we collect during application or accreditation
When you register with us, you (or the person registering for you) must tell us:
- your name
- email address
- your address
- your company name
The information we collect
We collect information about how you use our accreditation service to monitor and improve our users’ experience.
You may also provide personal data through:
- calls to our helplines;
- letters and e-mails;
- customer feedback forms
We may record calls to helplines for quality and training purposes only. We will store calls for about three months and we will keep them confidential. In general, if you contact us, we may keep a record of your query or complaint for a reasonable time in case you contact us again.
How we use the information we collect
We use your personal information:
- to answer your queries or complaints;
- to deliver our online services,
- to research additional services;
- to carry out administration;
- to seek your opinion of our services and Website
- for general statistics and research;
- for obtaining any relevant professional advice;
- as may be required by law or in connection with legal proceedings (including where we intend to take legal proceedings), or as may be necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
Third parties and sponsors
To achieve the purposes set out in this privacy statement we may need to give your information to our service providers.
Requests for information
If you have not registered on the Website but are simply making an enquiry or request for information, we will use your personal information to reply to your enquiry or request. We will not use this information for marketing purposes without your permission or unless you invite us to do so.
Keeping your personal data
We keep personal data:
- for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for;
- as required by law; or
- to enforce or defend legal claims
Sometimes we will keep information that you have deleted, for example messages sent by you to your tutor, as a record of your learning experience. We will keep this information for a reasonable time.
You have the right to:-
- ask for a copy of all the information we hold about you (we will charge you a small fee for this) and to correct any inaccuracies. To obtain a copy of this information, please ring us on 0208 3966 340 or email us at email@example.com
- challenge the accuracy of data held about you. You can amend your details please ring us on 0208 3966 340 or email us to request a change
- take steps to prevent your personal data being processed if the processing is likely to cause you substantial damage or substantial distress which is unjustified. If you want to exercise this right you must put your objection in writing by emailing us, specifying why the processing has this effect and state what you require to do to avoid causing damage or distress
How to contact us
To obtain a copy of your personal data, to correct inaccuracies or if you have any queries or concerns about how we handle your personal data, please contact:
CPD Accreditation Group, 71 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ – 0208 3966 340 – firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy has been approved & authorised by:
Name: Mick Judge
Position: Accreditation & Quality Manager
Date: 8th January 2018
Review of Policy: January 2019